Tuesday 14 August 2012

At long last.



At long last I have sat down and began to write a new blog post. I really need to be more active on Blogger...and in real life I suppose.

The last few weeks haven't been particularly amazing, some off days, some good ones... 

...Most of the good ones drinking litres upon litres of English tea.







So, apart from this...
I finally got a rice cooker, hurrah!
I'm very impressed with it, I've gotta say...it makes perfect fluffy rice in a flash. Money well spent.

In other news, I met up with family a week ago at my Auntie Dora's funeral. It wasn't a nice way to meet up with family that I've not seen in a while but it makes you realise that they're always there when you need them. Hopefully when I pass my driving test I'll be able to see them all more often.

One other thing...

...I finally got a new bike, it's a Pendleton Somerby. I've outgrown my old mountain bike which I've now sold and I'm so happy to have my new one. It's gorgeous and a smooth ride and I can't wait for next spring when I can ride down country lanes and go for picnics in the park. 

It's funny going for rides on it as random old ladies smile and wave at me, but according to my driving instructor I look the part on it.
I went on a stroll to give my friend some flowers.

Oh, and finally...


...Exam results. As most of you will know A level students get their exam results on Thursday and I suspect I've not done particularly well. Totally stereotypical I know but I found college really difficult (due to the fact I studied English Literature, French, Psychology and Law). But I'm hoping I've got decent results as I did continue college for two years even when it made me miserable on a daily basis (as it probably did to many of students in the country). But good luck to everyone, I hope you all get the results you hoped for and if not, it's really not the end of the world so chin up, okay? 

I'll keep my blog posted on my results, ramblings, Japanese learning (which will be mentioned soon) and perhaps some book reviews (The Hunger Games and others) when I have the chance as I've got lots planned for this week.

Hope you all have a great week.
Bisous
Beckie Adlington

x x x 

2 comments:

  1. I can empathise with hoping to do well to make our crap college experience seen worth it. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad it's not just me, It'll seem like a waste if I do badly, good luck to you too x x x

      Delete