Wednesday 15 August 2012

Liebster award....

I received a rather nice message via twitter from my friend Rachel (Rachel-ec) last night (or should I say early this morning as we are both practically nocturnal).
It was about tagging me in her post Liebster Award, which you should check out because her posts are definitely worth reading.

So, according to Rachel there are a set of rules that I have to follow:
- List 11 facts about yourself (little bizarre number really...)
- Answer the 11 questions that have been set for you and then create 11 questions yourself for the people you will tag to your post (again 11, what a strange number, why not 10?)
- Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them to your post (I'm not even going to mention the number of bloggers ~_~).
- Go to their blog and tell them you've nominated them.
- No tag backs.
- Only for bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

Okay then, rules read, lets start.

Facts about me.

1. My full name is Rebecca Jayne Adlington and often enough I receive a large amount of new followers on Twitter who seem to believe that I'm Rebecca Adlington the Olympic swimmer. Unfortunately not...sorry to disappoint.

2. I have a slight obsession with buying books and I prefer not to allow my friends to borrow my books because from past experience they don't treat them like I do. On one occasion my best friend dropped my book in the bath while she was reading. I still don't know how she managed it to be honest...
3. I'm a typical geek, I like manga and comics and I spend a lot of time watching The Big Bang Theory and Doctor Who.
4. I've studied French for seven years, Spanish for four (I've lost most of my ability to speak it now) and I'm currently teaching myself Japanese.
5. I collect cute pens, pencils and notebooks (which I may show you later). Don't ask why, I just love quirky stationary plastered in adorable characters like Hello Kitty, Rilakkuma and many others. Oh, and I obviously love Paperchase.
6. I had braces for a period of eleven months, which was extremely quick apparently. I recall going in December and being really upset that they were coming off because I wanted Red and Green colours on them just for Christmas.
7. I have a tendency to ramble (which I've been doing all through these facts as they're abnormally long).
8. I'm a sucker for horror movies, I can't get enough of them.
9. I have an addiction to Sushi which has burnt a hole in my pocket over the years going to YO! Sushi on a next to weekly basis.
10. I'm physically repulsed by celery, I get goosebumps and feel sick when I smell it and family members have chased me around the room with it.
11. I'm also an avid collector of teapots and tea sets.

Okay...now the questions from Rachel.

1. What made you decide to start a blog? - I think I was just bored after all the exams, I'm still not sure. I suppose I like to ramble and share my stories and thoughts...
2. Name a song that means something to you (and state why if you like) - Bruce Springsteen- Long Walk Home.
3. Are/were you a student? If so, what do/did you study? - I guess you could say I'm still a student, until tomorrow I guess. I've been studying French, Law and Psychology.
4. If you had to set yourself one goal for life, what would it be? - To do something which means I'll never be forgotten.
5. Somebody has made you your ultimate 3-course meal, what would the courses be? - Probably Salmon Nigiri's for starter, then maybe Lasagne or Udon noodles with chicken and dessert would be a slice of perfect Victoria sponge cake with butter-cream and raspberry jam.
6. If you could choose any language to speak (in addition to the language[s] you already speak), which would you choose and why? - If you don't count Japanese as a language I can speak then definitely Japanese, but if not, probably Korean, I'd love to learn that.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve? - Either drivers who don't signal/ indicate or people who don't wash their hands after going to the toilet.
8. What is something you're particularly proud of? - My sketches of  Misao Harada on DeviantArt: Misao Harada.
9. Which would you rather see live? Stand-up comedy, live music or a play? - I guess it depends on the person/ people I would be seeing live, but I think I'd prefer stand-up comedy.
10. How old will you be in 5 years? - 23 years old.
11. If you had two children tomorrow, a boy and a girl, what would you name them? - Barnaby and Clea.

 Questions I'm setting:

1. If you could visit any country, where would it be?
2. If you had to live on one meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
3. How tall are you?
4. If you could meet anybody dead or alive, who would it be?
5. If you could go back and change something in your life, what would it be?
6. What's your favourite book? (Or movie if books aren't your thing).
7. If you were an animal what would you be? (Mythical or ordinary).
8. What do you like to splurge money on most?
9. What's you dream job?
10. What's your favourite piece of clothing or accessory?
11. What annoys you the most?

I'm going to tag Ashleigh Morris and Jessie Adlington. Lucky Jess, you have one from both me and Rachel now. Anyone can do this tag too if you wish.

Merci et...

...Bisous

Beckie

x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment